Made a Futurecomposer player to the PSP. This version is hacked together from the xmms-fc and the fcplay sources. First i did x86 version using alsa interface. Later ported this over to the psp using the native audio interface.
Memory footprint is quite ok, despite the fact that the old FC engine is written in c++ so that the whole stuff has to be linked against libstdc++ which makes the player kind of bloated.
Ported the original sidplay to the PSP. Now i use the native pspsdk audio libs so SDL is not needed anymore. This reduces the footprint by 200 Kb.
Ported libsidplay to the PSP. Also made an simple SDL based player which uses libsidplay. You will need current PSPSDK and SDL lib to build the lib and sample player. Enjoy the C64 Sound 😉
For a PSP project i need to convert a font to texture. Found a good working program here.
But the current version seems to be not maintained anymore. So i did some bugfixes and made it compile against current WX Widget libs. Also i add a new feature that the fontface info is written to c source file, that can be used directly in your project.
Little update for the PMP Converter Script:
- Set bitrate via ‘-b’ swicth
- Avoid upload to psp via ‘-n’ switch
python psp.py -m pmp -i file.mpg -b 600 -n
Made a little Gui for the PMP Server Script. Iam Using PyQT as Window Toolkit.
- Config Server Root dir
- File Progress Info
- Support for KDE SystrayIcon
Updated the Network enabled version.
- Support for Ppslink debugging
- Debug output gets redirected to psplink shell
Got my SIO Cable for Psplink working. A Great tool for every PSP Developer. I used this document to build my own SIO Cable. Building the cable is really easy. You only need a MAX3232 and a few capacitors. I think you can also use a MAX232 (which is cheaper) but you have to lower voltage to 2,5 on TX to PSP. Since i wasn’t able to build a homebrew PSP serial connector i cut off the connector from the psp headphones…
Some bugfixe an tweaks in this version
- Urlencode filenames, so that files with special chars do work now.
- Made video info a global list, so that playlist surfing avoids re-polling the video header.
- Added fstat and stat calls to net_io, so that remote files show info like filesize and mtime.
- Added the network throughput of the last read call to the OSD.