Not “out of the box” but with only slightly changes on the software part, the new quickdev16 PCBs are working. Their shape fit the SNES cartslot, the changes in hardware design and parts worked out great and we have a kind of stable firmware and upload tool. When you turn on the SNES, the microcontroller [...]
Archive for 'AVR'
Created a binary for windows using minGW and libusb. So i can confirm that quickdev16 will work under Windows.
Finally we found a better name for the snesram and renamed it to ‘QuickDev16 USB’. Final PCB layouts are ready and will be send to china soon. So in about 2 weeks we will have our first PCBs. Confirmed Features: 16 MBit Sram for Rom storage ATmega644 MCU for housekeeping USB connection for ROM upload [...]
Things are going well. Have added some features to the software side and also got some stuff working hardware wise. Can confirm that US/JAP roms are working.Only tested EU roms before. Used my japanese Nintendo junior and a japanese CIC to confirm that the snesram is working with that setup too. Max and i added [...]
Max took a quick break from his vacations and was able to work on the new hardware revision of the snesram. Its mainly a bugfix to version 0.1 . We also did some cost reductions. Most obvious is to go for 2 Mbyte of sram instead of 4Mbyte. It just make the PCB smaller and [...]
The software is coming down smoothly. Ported the usb uploader code to ucon64. Also Hirom support ist working now with ucon64 autodedection. So the Snesram board is becoming quite handy for daily dev work. This hardware revision has 2 bugs which doesn’t make it possible to print pcbs now. There is additional OR gate needed [...]
Yeah, its working. Have been playing Super Mario Word last night. Did a few tests with different roms. Mainly Lorom, type 0 without save game ram. Was able to run games up to 16bmit. Couldn’t find any 32mbit type 0 games to test the complete ram area. Anyways its working finally. What de did? Resolder [...]
I did some more debugging over the weekend. The thing to investigate was why roms crash or hang when music starts. That was the last suspicion we had on thursday. So mukunda from #snesdev helped me and made a few test roms to investigate the problem with the SPC. First we started with a simple [...]
Last night i had a long debug session with Max and we tried to track down the problem with the prototype board.The problem is that some homebrew roms are runinng fine, but most commerical games don’t even start. I can start up the game “Mr. Do”, but it hangs directly at the first intro screen. [...]
The last 2 nights i spend some time debugging the firmware of the prototype board. I added CRC checks for the sram areas and each uploaded bank. Hence i can push roms to the sram and verify it at runtime on both sides. So i can see if there are any transfer errors. Iam not [...]